Friday 23 March 2012

Prayer: Morning

Recently I've been developing a prayer schedule and I decided to share it here. This is my schedule for morning prayer. 


Sign of the Cross
By the sign of the cross
deliver us from our enemies,
you who are our God.
In the name of the Father
and of the Son
and of the Holy Spirit.

 Amen.

Our Father
Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day
our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen

Ave María
Ave, María, grátia plena,
Dóminus tecum.
Benedícta tu in muliéribus,
et benedíctus fructus ventris tui, Iesus.
Sancta María, Mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatóribus,
nunc et in hora mortis nostræ.
Amen.

Glory Be
Glory be to the Father
and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning
is now, and ever shall be
world without end. 

Amen.

Daily Offering to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and suffering of this day
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world.
I offer them for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart:
the salvation of souls, reparation for sins, the reunion of all Christians;
I offer them for the intentions of our Bishops and of all Apostles of Prayer
and in particular for those recommended by our Holy Father this month.

Consecration to Our Lady of Sorrows
Most holy Virgin and Queen of Martyrs, Mary, would that I could be in Heaven,
there to contemplate the honours rendered to thee by the Most Holy Trinity
and by the whole Heavenly Court!
But since I am still a pilgrim in this vale of tears, receive from me, thy unworthy servant and a poor sinner, the most sincere homage and the most perfect act of vassalage a human creature can offer thee.
In thy Immaculate Heart, pierced with so many swords of sorrow, I place today my poor soul forever; receive me as a partaker in thy dolors, and never suffer that I should depart from that Cross on which thy only begotten Son expired for me.
With thee, O Mary, I will endure all the sufferings, contradictions, infirmities, with which it will please thy Divine Son to visit me in this life.
All of them I offer to thee, in memory of the Dolors which thou didst suffer during thy life, that every thought of my mind, every beating of my heart may henceforward be an act of compassion to thy Sorrows, and of complacency for the glory thou now enjoyest in Heaven.
Since then, O Dear Mother, I now compassionate thy Dolors, and rejoice in seeing thee glorified, do thou also have compassion on me, and reconcile me to thy Son Jesus, that I may become thy true and loyal daughter; come on my last day and assist me in my last agony, even as thou wert present at the Agony of thy Divine Son Jesus, that from this painful exile I may go to Heaven, there to be made partaker of thy glory. 



Daily Dedication
Lord, may everything I do begin with your inspiration and continue with your help, so that all my prayers and works may begin in you and by you be happily ended. I ask this through Christ the Lord. 

Amen. 


Prayer of Abandonment
Father,
I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures.
I wish no more than this, O Lord.
Into your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to you
with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord,
and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands,
without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father. 



Concluding Prayer
Almighty God, you have given us this day;
strengthen us with your power
and keep us from falling into sin,
so that whatever we say, or think, or do,
may be in your service and for the sake of the kingdom. 
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ your Son,
who lives and reigns in the unity of the Holy Spirit, 
every one God, world without end.
Amen.



May the Lord bless us, keep us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life. Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. That's a great set of prayers. I love that you say the Hail Mary in Latin! The hubs and I say our prayers for the Holy Father in Latin.

    I might have to steel your schedule...hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind at all, that's why I posted it!

      I started saying the Hail Mary in Latin only recently. I'm happy with the rest in English but I just think the Hail Mary in Latin is so beautiful.

      Delete